What is FOCUS?
FOCUS, the Functional Occupational Capacity Unbiased System, provides an exhaustive array of functional testing protocols to effectively and objectively assess a client’s physical abilities. Utilizing industry standardized assessment protocols, FOCUS will quantify a person’s carrying lifting, and work demand capacities; measure static strength of any joint, muscle or combination thereof; and act as a full body range of motion assessment system. It ensures reliability and validity by incorporating industry standardized assessment procedures with comparisons to recognized normative values.
In addition, FOCUS can accommodate to meet the exacting demands of almost any functional task assessment. Customizable protocols allow the evaluator to adapt to a particular task requirement to promote increased applicability and assessment objectivity. Its numerous applications, versatility and computerized integration provide unparalleled assessment capabilities.
FOCUS truly fulfills the demands necessitated by the insurance and employer markets alike — the ability to conduct objective functional assessment to evaluate a person’s physical capacity and/or suitability for return to pre-accident function.
- EPIC and PILE Dynamic Lifting capacity protocols
- SPOT Assessment – Dynamic Carrying Capacity protocols
- Multi-Level Reaching, Stooping, Bending and Crouching capacity protocols
- Static Work Capacity Lifting protocols with comparisons to normative values
- Symptom magnification validity checks including: hand and pinch grip strength, static strength Horizontal Validity, N.I.O.S.H. coefficient of variation values. All values cross-referenced to industry scrutinized normative values
- Real-time graphical presentation of data
- Computerized comparisons to previous functional assessments
- Voice commands to effectively facilitate assessments
- Fully adjustable shelves – in vertical and rotational planes
- Electronic dual inclinomenters and electronic goniometers with automatic software integration
- Wireless remote heart rate monitoring with automatic software integration
- Post-Offer Employment Screening Protocols
- 3D static strength testing – ideal for job task suitability
- Unlimited assessment protocol customization